Conveniently located to serve Palo Alto and Mountain View
A mommy makeover is a customized combination of cosmetic procedures designed to address physical changes that can occur as a result of pregnancy and breastfeeding. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Robert Lowen is proud to provide transformational mommy makeovers in Palo Alto. He will create a treatment plan that allows you to attain your desired results in the safest and most effective way possible.
What Is a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover involves multiple body contouring procedures to help mothers reclaim their bodies after pregnancy. If you are struggling to feel comfortable in your body after having a child, it is important to know that getting your physique back after pregnancy isn’t always as straightforward as “losing the baby weight.” In fact, there are many changes that can’t be impacted by any amount of dieting or exercise.
Diastasis recti, changes in the appearance of your breasts, and the presence of excess skin are just a few common conditions that can leave you feeling like you’re stuck in someone else’s body. Fortunately, Dr. Lowen can help you choose an effective combination of procedures so you can regain a look that you love.
Mommy Makeover Options
Dr. Lowen often performs mommy makeover procedures in stages, though he may advise combining surgeries to minimize your overall downtime. Depending on your expectations for treatment, Dr. Lowen may recommend a combination of the following surgical and non-surgical treatments:
- Tummy Tuck – A tummy tuck, also known as an abdominoplasty, is a surgical procedure that removes extra skin and fat from the abdominal region and can also repair muscles affected by diastasis recti. Dr. Lowen has helped many mothers restore a smooth, firm midsection with this procedure.
- Breast Augmentation – A loss of breast volume and other unwanted changes to the shape of the breasts are common after pregnancy. Breast augmentation allows women to achieve the breast size that best complements their frame. Breast augmentation can also resolve asymmetry of the breasts.
- Breast Lift – Sagging breasts can occur as a result of the dramatic changes a woman’s breasts go through in the course of pregnancy and breastfeeding. A breast lift can restore breasts to an aesthetically pleasing position. Breast lifts are often combined with breast augmentation or reduction.
- Breast Reduction – Some women experience increased breast size as a result of pregnancy. Large breasts that do not fit your frame can cause self-consciousness and even discomfort. A breast reduction procedure can help you restore a breast size that you are comfortable with.
- Liposuction – You may find you have stubborn pockets of fat after pregnancy that you never had before. When healthy habits fail to affect these fat deposits, liposuction may be recommended to extract fat cells and refine your body shape.
- ThermiVa – ThermiVa is a non-surgical procedure that can treat vaginal conditions that may result from pregnancy. The treatment employs radiofrequency energy to stimulate collagen production in the vaginal area, helping to restore a more youthful appearance.
- Emsculpt – Emsculpt is a non-surgical body sculpting treatment. Each session stimulates deep muscle contractions through the use of high intensity focused electromagnetic technology (HIFEM). Emsculpt can be used to improve muscle tone in the legs, arms, buttocks, and abdomen.
How Much Does a Mommy Makeover Cost?
The price of your mommy makeover will depend on your unique treatment plan. Dr. Robert Lowen offers a discount for mommy makeover patients combining procedures, and he will explain all costs associated with your mommy makeover prior to any treatment appointments.
Schedule a Mommy Makeover Consultation in Palo Alto
Contact our office today to schedule a consultation and plan your personalized mommy makeover in Palo Alto. With his expertise in cosmetic body enhancement, Dr. Lowen is highly qualified to help you achieve the body contours you desire.