Silhouette Lift™ Mountain View
It’s inevitable; sagging skin and volume loss of the face are one of the many things that show our age. Some have delayed the effects with injectables and non-invasive skin tightening treatments, but those treatments are temporary or don’t fix the problem. That’s why we’re excited to offer Silhouette InstaLift!
Silhouette InstaLift is a bio-absorbable thread made of a synthetic lactic acid (Polyglycolide/L-lactide or PLGA) that promotes collagen growth. PLGA has a long history of use as an absorbable suture in surgery and in orthopedic pins.
The threads have small cones attached that act as an anchor. These tiny cones produce two effects:
- Physically lift the skin of the face and/or neck
- The suture triggers an increased production of collagen over the next few months, helping to restore facial volume lost with age
Silhouette InstaLift is virtually painless, performed with a little bit of local anesthesia injected into the entry points. The sterile sutures are then passed under the skin and anchored in the subcutaneous tissue. The whole appointment takes about an hour and you leave with an immediately lift that gets better with time.
What kind of downtime can I expect?
There will be small dimples where the entry points are located. Those dimples soften up and smooth out within a week or two. We recommend eating soft, non-spicy foods for one week and refraining from vigorous exercise or strenuous activity for two weeks. Swelling is virtually non-existent and you may take over-the-counter Tylenol for pain.
Who is the ideal candidate for InstaLift?
Patients who are experiencing:
- Moderate sagging skin of the face and/or neck
- Volume loss in the face due to age
- Patients who have tried non-invasive skin tightening treatments and are looking for a treatment with quicker, more noticeable results
- Patients who are not quite ready for a facelift, but want a fresh, more rejuvenated look